Friday, April 25, 2008

Joey Poppat 6: I think I knw your name!

Coming back to my Poppat series , this one happened very recently.
I have a new bunch of friends with whom I have lunch everyday and where we sit and discuss all the national, state and city issues.
There was a new girl who was assigned a desktop adjacent to mine and as she was new to the office, i asked her to join us for lunch.

As soon as everybody sat down at our usual cafeteria adda, i thought I should introduce the new girl to the gang. I started the introductions with the new girl and told everybody her name and i started to introduce the gang to her. Suddenly after I started off, my mind went blank... and I couldnt recollect anybody's name who sat there.. I just didnt knw what was happneing but no matter what I did, I could not cover up my embarrassment!!!
How can one start introductions and forget names of people whom they r introducing....!!!! but it happens.. it happens with me all the time!
Hence I take the oath, I will never again introduce anyone to any other one!!

No comments: