Saturday, April 12, 2008

Joey Poppat 2 - namaste Papa

The pre-requisite for an arranged marriage is the meeting of the guy and the guy's family at the girl's place. Its only after this that either side families decide whether to go ahead or not.

It was my first such formal meet with a guy and his family at vizag. I was a little tensed and lot confused. Advices umm rather instructions were pouring in from all directions. Most prominent and repeated one was that as soon as I enter the room where the guests were seated, I have to fold my hands and say namaste to everyone. And also not to giggle and NOT to touch the sweets that were served for the guests. Mom kept repeating that even just before I was taken in to that room.
I was so tensed that i was a lil blanked out by the time I entered the room. Too tensed to even look up who was there in the room and who was sitting where. So as soon as I remembered I had to say namaste with folded hands and I did that to the first person as soon as I entered. and yess.. the poppat star revolved and that first person was my dad with a blank shocked expression on his face actually wondering why I was saying Namaste to him! :) he actually didnt know how to react when I did that and to top it I started giggling when I realised it was him :) Others obviously had no clue what was happening and by the time they realised what happened I had violated two of my mom's given rules and she was red in face!!

I really wished the earth had slitted in to two and taken me inside!! Why me.. why only me!!??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I couldn't stop laughing after reading this.. Just imagining ur situation there...