Thursday, April 17, 2008

Joey Poppat 4- Maths was always scary!

It was during those days when I was in my 12th standard. Maths lecture on Quadratic expressions was going on.
Subbu, bunny and me were as usual not paying attention to the class and were playing tic tac toe in the class. and suddenly for some reason Subbu laughed out loud and we started giggling with her. Lecturer saw us and asked subbu to stand up and asked her what next has to be done to the problem that he was solving on the board. She stood blank and I like a super intelligent girl prompted her the answer. The answer according to me was very very obvious. There was some expression in the numerator and some expression in the denominator and there was a common expression (x+1) in both numerator and denominator . So i prompted her to tell the answer to cancel both the (X+1)'s in the numerator and the denominator.
She trusted me and said the same thing, the whole class bursted out in laughter and the lecturer was speechless!!!! he started off with his usual #$%$%$%^^%^&&^*&

After bashing all of us left right and center, the lecturer told us that before asking us the question, he had explicitly multiplied the numerator and denominator with (X+1) to get something( which i dont know till date) to solve the problem and we fellows had asked him to cancel that!!!!!!!

Is someone out there still wondering how I passed my 12th?? :)

2 comments:

anup said...

Nice efforts!!!!!
Keep going........
Plz do visit on my blog & show your presence over there by leaving a comment on posts.If you want,You can also provide a link to my blog from your blog.

my blog:- http://anup-life.blogspot.com/
Thanx!

Anonymous said...

Cool joey, had a good laugh reading those! keep it up :) - suz