Thursday, September 4, 2008

Videshi Poppat series

Now its a new high of my poppat series! Its called the Videshi poppat! and it all really makes me feel like a proper gaon wali .. new to a city.
Last weekend , I was traveling from Omaha to Oakland. I went to the airlines counter and thought of trying my hand at the self help checkin Kiosk. It prompted me for my ticket confirmation number and then asked me to insert the passport for scan. I looked left n right to see where I need to insert my passport and then I found a creek(I am sorry but not getting the right word here .. that small gap in the machine) just enough to put in my passport. I put my passport and hit Enter but nothing happened. I pushed my passport even further and tried again, still nothing happened and it was still asking for passport. And then, I saw on my right there was another creek which clearly had a lable Passport scanning here. And everything was suddenly all crystal clear! where I had pushed my passport full inside was the one from where the boarding pass comes out printed!!!!
And I started trying frantically to remove my passport from that kiosk but in vain. Then to add up to my embarrassment, the airlines guy came up and asked what happened and why my passport was out there.. I sheepishly told him what happened and he again showed me the label which said PASSPORT ScANNING HERE and I said yeah I saw that after I put my passport here. He laughed and got the keys for that kiosk, opened it and gave me my passport. I really wished I just ran away from there but I had to stand there and face that guy coz I didnt have my boarding passes yet!!!! Thats what we call Sone pe suhaga in desh!!
I had never been more proud of myself :(

No comments: