Sunday, August 17, 2008

Happy days..

What does it take to keep in touch with friends? A call, a mail, a chat ping or an orkut message is the least it takes to keep in touch and be informed that they are doing good in some part of the world wherever they are.

Last week I was chatting with one of my Engineering frens and we were casually discussing about some other classmates. As expected, I was updating her on other classmates and she asked me a question which actually surprised me a bit. She asked me If I was still in touch with everyone. For a second I didnt know what to answer and I was like ' yeah I didnt find a reason to not to be in touch with other classmates!'

And the same day I happened to watch 'Happy Days' movie. I seriously miss those days and now wish I shouldve had more fun then. Not that I had any less but I still want to go back and relive those glorious days. Everyday was a different day and an experience in its own.

Ok may be am digressing, coming back to the topic I started with, as to what it takes to remain in touch with people who have been part of your life and have contributed to your life in someway, may be they made you smile or may be someday you had a laugh at them or may be they helped you in some way or you learnt something from them.

Make that effort to get back in touch with all those long forgotten friends, go back to the best days of your life with them, relive your college life! Am sure it will all make you feel the effort was all worth it!

Today when I meet my friends whom I first met a decade (some more than that) ago, and see how we had been then and where we are now, what we used to discuss then and what we discuss now.. hell lot of change but at the end it seems the effort to plan and meet up was all worth it! else this trip of mine wouldve been useless. We started off with knowing each other, stuck with each other through out the years, discussed boys, gossips, college love stories, marriages, husbands and now kids , their food, their everything!!! From girls to young ladies to moms!

I know everybody is busy with their own lives and you with your own, but believe me, this will do loads of good to you! Go On.. Be a Tiger! Grrrrrr :)

No comments: