Sunday, August 17, 2008

Fitness freaks anyone?

Lazyness personification = Jyotsna .. Thats how I would define my current state of existance. I am now seeing people all around me jogging, working out and eating healthy. So somewhre deep inside there was a guilt pang and this weekend I enrolled myself in apartment Gym and decided that its High time I go the healthy way!
The gym reminded me of my early days of marriage. Both my husband and me were somehow very conscious about putting on weight may be because we didnt want anybody to comment that we put on weight after marriage. So my very smart husband gifted me a treadmill on the first valentines day we celebrated together! ( so much for thoughtfulness) . So those were the days of full on Josh and we used to compete for the treadmill. My turn ur turn natak and all.
Then gradually, he felt that he doesnt need to work out as he is ok but he made sure I continued to work on that. And then one fine day I read somewhere that it is enough if we work out thrice a week and still eat all days in the week ( bless the writer) . So the frequency of using the treadmill came down and yeah it reached a frequency of once or twice a month or whenever I felt the food I had was heavy (which is rarely the case). When someone asked me to count calories that I ate, I started equating foods, like 2 idlys = 1 gulabjamun so I can have 2 gulabjamuns instead of 4 idlis for breakfast :) quit some logic! Slowly I dont know why, i felt 1 idly can be equated to 1 gulabjamun and I knew my math right! that made 4 gulabjamuns for breakfast yess!
Likewise there are many other equations which I certainly wouldnt want to share them all.

Coming back to treadmill, now isntead of using it once or twice a month, we started using it as a towel stand. really, it makes up for such a good stand for drying towel, u can spread it so well. After that, the treadmill accumulated so much dust that it was not such a good idea to dry the towels too. Now the poor treadmill is being completely ignored.. it just stands on one corner of the house( leassssssst used corner and most hated corner of the house) waiting for someone to clean the 1 inch dust piled up on it. I almost feel its screaming for me to dust it but I conviniently dont even look at that side :)
Last month my uncle had come down to bangalore and he was all excited abt the home gym thing ( yeah we have treadmill and a gym ball(with dust) too). He was the one who used it all days when he was here and gave us a lecture on why we should make the best use of them and all, but yeah as expected uncle gaye, baat gayi.
Now I have somehow gathered all the enthu that I can for the gym thing! wish me luck!

2 comments:

Pushp Raj said...

Good Luck !

Mona and me are trying to get up early for jogging for past 5 months...wish us luck too so that we can make it at least one fine morning. :)

Anonymous said...

pushp raj, you signed up to leave a comment hehehe

Talking of losing weight, yesterday i indulged myself to a cup full of melting chocolate sponge, with the excuse that i hadn't had it in ages..i know i can never shed weight by exercise, so i've stopped trying :)

Good luck Jo :)

-suz