Thursday, August 14, 2008

Mera Bharat Mahaan

Phew.. last few days have been the busiest days of my life till date. Suddenly everything looked important and had to be finished. Found it damn tough to track on stuff. And now am finally here, in US. The place I have been waiting to visit for a long time just to check what it is that attracts so many people here and yeah also out of the fetish for increasing my cross border travel count :)

And guess what.. I don't really like this place and am still wondering how so many of our indians are here. I mean is it out of choice or its just money. People here actually and literally mind their own business which is very unlike us Indians. They will always maintain a fair distance from others. Its just they, their work and then their family and may be their inner circle of friends<>.

I miss Bangalore, I miss my home and I miss my office. Office there was so much fun, I could talk as loudly as I wanted, laugh my heart out and still feel very much correct in my own way! I mean whats wrong in that! The long gossip and bitching sessions during lunch were the best and I miss them the most. I almost knew all my team members family members names and yeah my colleagues husbands sisters husband name also :) . Here I miss all that fun and feel so much out of place. We Indians are so expressive and yeah Loud is the word! But thats the way we are and thats what suits us best!

People come here and try and adapt to these Americans lifestyle and try to own up something thats just not theirs! Aisa bhi kya jeena jisme jeene ka mazza hi na aaye! May be each ones own choice and their way of life.. but for me

East or West.. India is the Best! Jai Hind!

Happy Independence Day folks!

2 comments:

Pushp Raj said...

hehehe aunty, u r just feeling home sick

Anonymous said...

I will say only one word

"CHANGE"