Thursday, July 26, 2012

Study Hours!

Inspiration: One of my ex-colleague quit her job and joined a college to pursue further studies. All this after having 2 babies. Last I heard she is doing great academically. Happy for her.

Desperation: I have a certification voucher that expires 30th of August. If I clear that, its going to give a huge edge over my bunch of super talented team members and cut throat competition.

Frustration: Inspite of the fast approaching exam date, surmounting course material to be reviewed, am not doing a thing to get past this exam successfully. The occassional day when guilt becomes overbearing, I open the cours material and breeze through a couple of pages, with absolutely nothing registering in my mind. The next time I open the same page, the content doesn't even seem remotely familiar. Am stuck on the same page, same para, same line for the last 2 days.

Botheration: Am blaming it on my age cells that am not able to concentrate and move rapidly through the course material. Fact is am not even trying. Am sitting like the lazy queen bee doing nothing and hoping for things to fall in place automatically.

Realization: Am wasting too much time(with hardly any left), being ridiculously shameless in accepting all this and writing it here and hence wasting more time, and inspite of this realization, sitting and smiling at the computer , checking my gmail and fb updates and the work mail.

Serious now! Sign off!

No comments: