Thursday, August 9, 2012

Rocking week of August '12

This week has been a mixed bag, travel, work, celebration, happy, stressful and everything else!

It started off with a long drive to Hyd, with our usual fave stop over at kurnool for some yummy super hot dinner. That restau is something else I say! Right by the side of highway, no great ambience, but the food he serves, addictive! Drive was awesome, with some drizzles and music and lil disturbance from the daughty.

Another 4 hr drive to Basar and the purpose of the trip was met. Akshara thoroughly enjoyed writing on slate. Mom got her a pattu langa and she looked super cute in it.

Its a different high to meet your parents and spend some quality time. Monday being my weekly off from work, I got a chance to go with mom n dad to Yadagirigutta and Surendrapuri. It was good to be the center of their attention for those couple of hours( privilege I got as hub and akshara were at home, else I feature last in the list). Surprisingly dad let me pay the bill for lunch, I was happy. I left around 40 bucks as tip and dad was a lil furious, usual round of class for me, that I dont value money, why I left so much as tip :-D 20 bucks wouldve been enough and all that. Dad, you are real cute! Keep doing that! How much I miss those everyday class peekuds :)

Then it was N's Bday. This year, I struggled to decide what I should gift him. Its usually tough to get gift ideas for guys, and with so many occassions every year , its all the more tough to keep the surprise element going. What money cant buy, time and effort can. I decided to make it special for him this year and surprise him by gathering all his old friends who are still in hyd and bring in his bday. It took some effort to get their numbers and coordinate, but it was worth it. We went for a midnight biryani buffet and the party rocked with the gang of friends.

Work wise, it has been a lil turbulent with new changes being introduced to schedule , I am really not sure how I will cope up. Fingers crossed as of now. Cheese keeps moving, change is the only constant.. all these are good to read and state to someone else but not so good to experience it first hand! Cheese Buggers!

For the rest of the week, am looking forward to meeting some of my friends who are in Hyd and shopping of course!!!



No comments: