Friday, May 22, 2009

My idea of an ideal day of my life...

It has to be a friday and salary day when the bank account shows am so much more richer!
Wake up on my own after good night's sleep(Maid has somehow entered the house and finished all her work)
Bathroom scale shows 1 or 2 kgs lesser!!
Have a new dress to wear to office. Look slimmer and beautiful in it. No new grey hairs spotted.
Steaming hot white idly with peanut chutney and sambhar , peeled and cut mango pieces with chocolate milk ready on table.
Not much traffic on road and I reach office in 25 mins! (WOW!)
Not many work mails to be cleared. A big appreciation Mail from my manager and a reward bonus of 10K (more doesnt hurt) as shopping vouchers valid at any shop in Bangalore.
Medium load work and I somehow know how to do the assigned work(No blank stares at reqmnt doc)!!The code I write executes without any hitch in the first run! Easy Peasy, I finish my work before lunch.
I get a call from reception desk saying I have a courier. I go and see it's lunch sent by Mom :)
5 box stacked lunch box. I open the first box and find hot crispy Vada in it, second has mutton curry with cashews gravy, third has muddha pappu neyya avakay annam (Dal, ghee and mango pickle rice), fourth has umm.. ok white rice for the mutton curry, fifth has creamy ras malai, and another compartment in it has gulab jamuns.
After the nice yummy lunch, I go back to my desk and see some loads of gossip mails from all old friends. Then after an hour, Manager informs govt has declared half day holiday for some reason and all companies have to follow it. So I leave office , yes no traffic again, pick up my husband at his office (remember all companies got half day holiday), then we go to PVR and get 2 gold class tickets free in some lucky draw for a Chiru/Pawan Kalyan/ shah rukh's latest movie). We finally decide on Shah Rukh's movie and the movie would obviously be awssum as it would have Shah rukh in it, plus watching it in Lazboy recliner cushioned seats with pepsi and popcorn ahaa. heaven on earth!
Then after the movie, some shopping(yeah my reward bonus vouchers) and then dinner at Afghani restaurant which serves reshmi malai kababs, paneer tikki, yummy biryani and kubhani ka meetha with vanilla icecream and cherry topping :)
Go home (of course no traffic) and .. ok not home already.. no traffic, about to rain kind of romantic weather and a long drive on smooth roads with nice music.. walk by the moonlit lake side, cool breeze (seashore wouldve been better, but Bangalore is not on coast).
Finally time to go home(Bangalore has a night life deadline). and sleep on a freshly made bed with crisp white bedsheets, plush cushions, spring mattresses, ac on a 23 deg...
and then....
A calling bell ringing somewhere distant and I wake up and come tumbling down the stairs to find its the maid servant at 6:30 am on a Monday morning....... Ohh my dream shattered!!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG.. oka manishiki enni korikalu vuntaya!!!

Jyo Girl said...

Mari undava! ivi inka chala chinna list!

Anonymous said...

So creative, i think it is time to write a Book, Best wishes.