Saturday, May 30, 2009

Beach Road delicacy

The other day when I was casually browsing through the grocery store racks (seems like my fave pass time option these days), I came across the puffed rice packet and good old beach road delicacy "Muree Mixture" flashed on my mind. Its been a long long time since I have been to beach road along with friends, whiling time away with muree mixture, cool breeze and simply sitting watching the waves come and go. Nothing can beat that!
I promptly picked that packet and also picked up other stuff that I could think of which goes in it .. groundnuts.. lemon, tomatoes, onions.. what else???
This time around I didn't google for the recipe but preferred to go by my memory.. tried to recollect what that old man had on his lil stall while he mixed that tangy tasty dish.
I mixed everything, sliced onions, diced tomatoes, squeezed lemon, pinch of salt, tossed chilly powder and added corriander bunch and puffed rice! It was tangy, tasty, yummy.. it was everything but it lacked something.. may be the sand from the beach :)

No comments: