Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Regrets?.. NO!

I read an article in the newspaper on Sunday about people having regrets over the decisions they have taken in the past. With lots of ifs and buts kind of thoughts ruining your present, thinking life would've been better if only they took some other decision.

Most of us take life's most important decisions before we are mature enough to understand their impact its going to have on our lives. And my guess is, for most of us, those decisions are taken by our parents. So it's obvious that later in life, you go over your past and think what if you opted to go for the other choice than the one you are living with! and such thoughts come only when you are not happy now.

Luckily for me, most of my life changing decisions have all been taken by me. So, I really don't have anyone to blame for the life I am leading . And am Happy, I got a chance to take those decisions, but the only regret I have is, I didn't put the right amount of thought those decisions deserved. At 14, I decided to go for Math stream , at 16 I decided to become an engineer and at 20 I decided to start working and not study further. At 21 to marry and settle down in India and at 22, whom to marry!

Sometimes, thoughts wander to past with lots of if's and but's but at the end of day, there are absolutely no regrets. Things have happened as per destiny and for good.

No comments: