Saturday, September 10, 2011

The 3 magic words

The words "I Love you" have magical effect on you everytime someone says it to you. And all the more when you know how much the other person means it. I realized there is no true translation for it to that effect in any other languages that I know. Say for hindi, when you say "main tumse pyaar karti hoon", or "mujhe tumse pyaar hai" will have zero effect on the other person and it sounds so off and dramatic. Nothing compared to what "I love you" does for you.
How do you just express your love in telugu? What do you say that conveys the exact feeling? I tried to form different phrased but all sounded horribly melodramatic and nothing that perfectly matches "I love you".
1)Ninnu premisthunnanu
2)nee pai prema vachindi(yuckk I knw)
3) Ninne premista (Violent)
4)nuvvu naa preyasi/priya
Now I wonder what my grandpa told my grandpa when he had to just tell her he loves her. I can bet my life, he wouldnt have said ILU to her, something in telugu it has to be. he would kill me if I asked him that. or for that matter ,is there any Indian language which has an expression that matches ILU, short and sweet, something that conveys your emotion and state of mind to the other person with the perfect effect.
Signing off in quest...

No comments: