Thursday, March 15, 2012

Wish!

Everytime I see a baby being used by the street side beggars to beg, I feel very sorry for the baby. Such small babies all day on road in such hot sun, pollution, dust and noise.. my heart weeps for them. I once saw a baby with poop all over his bummy all dried up and crying, but the lady carrying him hardly cared. I had to stop! I spoke to the lady, gave her some money and requested her to clean him and feed him something. The sight disturbed me a lot. But when I discussed it with my hub, he talked sense, they create such disturbing scenes so that people get disturbed and give money. If that's true , I fell prey to it but otherwise with a few chances of that being genuine, that baby might have been fed.

I stopped giving money to such beggars, but I really feel the need to do something towards the cause. I don't even know if there are some groups working towards it as the occurrence of such beggars has drastically reduced but not completely eradicated.

Every child deserves a healthy childhood.
I have always contemplated adopting a baby. I truly believed that its a very noble thing to do, providing life to a child, who for no mistake of his/her has been deprived of everything.

But what I have realized is, adopting and bringing up one child is not the solution, and it also comes with a lot of baggage and needs a lot of maturity to handle all possible situations that might occur in future regarding rest of the family accepting the child as part of the family , and more importantly making the child feel secured and loved all through life.

What I have in mind is an inspired idea from my Aunt's friend in Vizag. He has started a children home, where he takes care of 15 to 20 children of all ages. Provides them all the necessities, schooling, healthy and happy childhood. He actually brings them up like his own children and along with them. He inculcates in them the need for education, makes them take up constructive and creative hobbies like candle making, soap making , greeting cards etc. I could contribute by donating money and spending an occasional day with the children at that uncle's place, but that would certainly not be enough. Those children have been taken care of, there are lot of other in need of help.

The idea is still incubating, I need to get my family's approval, logistics, gather all the required information reg licenses, more importantly finances... and most importantly reaching out to the needy children.

No comments: