Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Mid year resolution

Whenever I hear anything bad that has happened to someone I know or don't, I kind of assure myself to believe that it cannot happen to me. It comforts me to assume that I am shielded to all bad things that can happen to me healthwise or even otherwise. Any other day, I would've passed it as positive thinking but not now, not anymore. It now sounds foolish and ridiculous. If it has happened to my best friend, I stand all the chances for it to happen to me.

We take life so much for granted that we turn a blind eye towards the guy next door falling prey to some ailment because of unhealthy lifestyle. We keep hearing more often than not these days, about exercising everyday, eating healthy, cutting down on deep fried and oily snacks, avoiding high sugar sweets, eating fresh fruits and vegetables, and the list goes on and No , it doesn't! The list ends there. If you set out to inculcate all those in your daily routine, as your lifestyle, its not all that tough too! Its definitely cant be tougher than being on medication all life through and withstanding the side-affects.
Best part is , you can have your share of occasional cheat days where you can indulge in whatever you want without having to worry about how much its going to affect your readings in the next blood test and even worse, the guilt associated with it.

I don't know how long am going to live, I can't control that. But what I can control is how healthy can I live as long as I live. I resolve to take the baby steps towards a healthy lifestyle for my family and me, for they are all I care about the most.

A prayer for good health for my friends and family...

1 comment:

On The Move said...

Jyo girl, I think about it a lot too but hasnt translated into anything yet. Time for me also to make some Ugadi resolutions.