Monday, May 10, 2010

The Zen Y

Kids can sometimes surprise you so much with their talk that they leave you wondering for hours.
There is this little 6 year old girl in my neighbourhood who comes to play with Akshara. Today while she was playing, she asked me "Aunty, you don't have AC? Its so hot today."
I said we don't and asked her if she had one at her home. She said she doesn't have but she plans to have one at her new home. With that the gossip "me" woke up and I was curious to know if my friend has bought a new place somewhere. I planned to probe the little one further and get some info from her. I asked her " Where is your new home? " She said "That I don't know, but once I shift there, even if AC is not already there, we will buy one". (OK , she was still stuck on the AC thing! )
"When will you shift to your new home?" I asked in the hope of getting atleast some info about the new house.
"After I marry aunty. Then I will go to a new home na."
The Gossip "me" went underground.

Is a 6 year old really supposed to know that she will be going to a new home after marriage?

1 comment:

Aanya said...

Is that the affect of watching all those soaps on tv? !!!! U bet!