Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Joey Poppat: Saving money!

Last week we went out to a small eat out in the neighbourhood. I was having a masala dosa craving. Sometime after we placed our order, we were served masala pappad. We didn't order for it yet we had it assuming it might be complimentary.
Our order was served next and then the finger bowl. Akshara was in my lap and before I could respond, she toppled the used finger bowl over me. (yes , mothers need to have quick reflexes!!)
later, the bill came and we saw that the masala pappad was included in the bill which we never ordered. My sweet hubby was about to pay for it as it was only 10 bucks. But the rebel in me woke up, I wanted to revert that 10 rs from the bill. I called the waiter, the guy who took the order , did all drama , got some cheap looks when I said, we thought it was complimentary. Somehow finally, I managed to get our 10 rs back and I came home basking in the glory of saving ten rupees!! Just when we were about to reach home, I realised I left Akshara's snack bowl and the spoon in the restaurant. Spoon, my friends, was a silver one costing around hundred bucks.. naturally, we couldn't find it where we left it in the restau.
I sulked all night and vowed that I would never go back to that restau.
Ps: One question that I cannot answer is , why on earth did I carry the silver spoon to restau inspite of having hundreds of other low cost spoons! Fate, my friends!

3 comments:

Pushp Raj said...

This is called as the "karma"
...jaisa karm karoge vaisa hi fal milega.

Jyo Girl said...

pinda karma! yeh woh sadu sukh sagar hai tumhare ghar ke paas wala.

Anonymous said...

nenu ee madhya free advice ecchi chaala rojulu ayyindhi... intha kanna manchi chance naaku raadhu.. edhigoo advice theesuko..

silver spoon inka kona vaddhu.. okka silver spoon money thoo hundreds of use & throw spoons vasthayi.. silver spoon ni kadigi, kaapadukuni, pothae night nidra paaduchaesukuni, restaurant waiter thoo silver spoon vunchukuni 10 Rs kosam fighting na ani anipinchukuni (manasuloo)... evanni avasarama!!

So.. use and throw ni nammukoo.. neeku antha sukam & manassanthi..