Monday, May 17, 2010

Chocolate balls saga continues...

I am very bad at remembering birthdays. But, I remember my school friend Divya's birthday, Feb 10th. During school, all my friends used to look forward to her birthday party. Reason being yummy Chocolate balls her mom, Pushpa aunty used to make without fail year after year. They were so yummy that they are fetched in all our memories for ever.
Last week, my sweet tooth attacked on me again and I craved (yes, I am having cravings way after pregnancy) for those yummy chocolate balls. Craving so strong that i called up my Mom to call up aunty and find out the recipe and pass it back to me. After 1 hour of hardwork, I had similar looking, and almost yummy chocolate balls ready!
Last week, 2 kids in the neighbourhood came home to play with Akshara. I generously offered them the chocolate balls and they were very very impressed. One of them even commented, "Aunty, I wish you were my mom because you know how to make these"!!
Next day, there were 4 other kids along with those 2 who came to play with Akshara. I was a lil surprised but soon knew why they were all there. I offered them all and they asked me when Akshara's birthday was. After I told them when it was, they asked me to make the chocolate balls for her birthday party and give them as return gifts to all of them :)
Looks like I am going to take Pushpa aunty's chocolate balls for birthday saga forward... Thanks aunty for the wonderful recipe.

P.S: Recipe in the next post.

No comments: