Saturday, April 28, 2012

Where do I stand?

During our stay at Maldives, there was an earthquake at Indonesia  followed by the Tsunami alert. We were on a small island somewhere in the Indian Ocean with nowhere to run for shelter. To escape Death. It was scary. I wanted to live longer, I wanted to protect Akshara, I was wishing, hoping and praying, the tsunami doesn't happen, not for us but for so many others around us. The only solace was we 3 were together through the ordeal, had it been only N stuck on that island, I would've completely freaked out and somehow reached where he was.

After a close encounter with warning of death, its obvious that you tend to intospect. This is my life and have I made it large is essentially the only question you try to keep finding an answer for. You realise the value of people around you, your family , your friends,  what you have been blessed with and if you have treasured them enough. Every problem you worry about then seems insignificant. I also wanted to say sorry to number of people I had hurt, knowingly/unknowingly.

What I have is today, and have I made most of it? Have I done atleast one thing today that makes my existence here worthwhile? Have I inched towards the purpose of my life? These are some questions I would like to answer everyday before I go to bed. I want to spread cheer and give back to the society I live in. I want to do something for the deprived children, old people and the baby girl infants being tortured to death for being a girl. I do not want to die before serving my purpose and what I do today is all that matters. I had big plans of saving money and putting it to good use after couple of years down the line. Bad planning. I have put my baby step today towards my goal, and hoping to do something considerable in the days to come(if there are!)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where's the like button?