Wednesday, June 8, 2011

State of Mind

Last week, I sulked for 2 days over a problem, I wouldn't talk to anyone, nothing pleased me, I didn't feel like doing even my usual chores. I made the problem so big that I couldn't enjoy my baby's laughter, her small antics, my fave Tv show. I even tried cooking therapy and indulged in cooking and eating my fave dishes, but that too didn't help much. I kept cribbing for everything, nothing seemed good. Life suddenly looked horrible and I started wondering if there was a way out. I started feeling claustrophobic with absolutely no way out.
Then I happened to chat with one of my old friends who said, " neekenti amma life full enjoy"(i wouldn't translate this one, else it would lose its effect). It hit me big time. God did bless me with everything but here I was, still cribbing and sulking about one small thing I wasn't able to get? Why was I not happy and thankful to God? Why was I angry on him? It was completely my inability to be happy inspite of having everything. It was just that I was not getting something that I wanted badly at that point of time, which was ok. I only had to try harder.
I feel powerful today, as if in complete control of my whole life. I have realised that my happiness lies in my state of mind. That's my strength. If I try to keep my inner self at peace and stay happy, no matter how big the problem is, it wouldn't effect me drastically. I mean no problem could be bigger than you, big enough to affect you!
I promise, to count my blessings, find happiness in every walk of life, and spread the cheer! Amen!!

No comments: