Monday, February 8, 2010

3 mistakes that I learnt from!

I had to write this post to cherish this landmark even later :)

My baby is now in to her 6th month and we had to start giving her, her first solid food. cerelac for starters. I was pretty excited about it!

1) My first hurdle came when I was mixing the food, how thick or thin should it be? I used the dumb side of my brain and thought, its called solids, so it should be pretty solid :) [First mistake]

2) Second hurdle was the position in which I should feed her, again my dumb side knocked at me and I thought, we sit while we eat so she must also be sitting and I placed her in the bouncer and sat right in front of her. [Second mistake]

3) I don't know what I was thinking when I tried to feed her with the spoon, I kept the spoon near her mouth and expected her to take it in like we do! Obviously that didn't happen!! Again a knock knock and I had put a spoonful of cerelac in her mouth. [Third mistake]

After that, I was waiting for her reaction eagerly sitting pretty close to her. and there it was.. Bhurrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.. she spit out everything I had put in her mouth right on my face! cerelac facepack does'nt do much good to your skin!

And I learnt from my mistakes, thinner paste (solids doesn't literally mean SOLID!), babies can have food lying down, and small quantity each time results in a better experience and cleaner face and home :)

No comments: