Thursday, December 24, 2009

Business lunch etiquette put to best use!

During the initial training program in my first company, I was trained on business dinner etiquette. They tought me why its important to eat everything with a spoon and fork and to keep hands always clean. To be always ready to give a clean handshake to the client anytime during the dinner. They even tought us how to eat rotis with spoon n fork. All these years I never got an opportunity to put those skills to use. I would either first finish off with all handshakes and then start dinner or never bothered about handshakes once dinner was started. Having a peaceful n fulfilling dinner/lunch was always a priority.

Thats past now. Today other things have taken a priority. My little bundle makes sure she gets her attention while am having my lunch.

Day X: I was having my lunch and was almost midway when she started crying for feed. I had to let go of my lunch and feed her. And later didnt feel like going back to the half finished plate.

Day Y: Tried to outsmart my kiddo and fed her before I started my lunch, but this time she did the inevitable and started crying out loud to remove her dirty diaper and clean her. Again I had to leave my lunch unfinished.

Day Z: Similar to Day Y. But I managed to go back to finish my lunch. All days following this have a similar pattern. I either have to break in between or have my lunch in a hurry that she might do something now.

Time to put my business lunch etiquette skills to use. Keeping my hands clean for any sort of emergencies during the lunch :)

Gone are my glorious days of peaceful lunches and marathon sleep..

1 comment:

Aanya said...

dude, that can be a reason y people lose weight as kids grow :P