Tuesday, July 21, 2009

All the best Harika...

Today was my first day at my new job. I was very tensed to start with. All my previous jobs did put a huge responsibility on me but this ones different. If I fail in this job, I would fail someone else's trust on me.
From today, I have started tutoring Harika, a second grade student. She is from a family which is categorized as lower middle class financially but with a strong desire to do well in life and provide her good education. I wanted to contribute in some way.
From the day I have started my leave, I haven't been doing much. Literally nothing other than eating, sleeping and whiling away time playing with my nephew. But today was good. Satisfying. I always thought teaching a second grader is a cake walk. How tough can it be to teach them some hard english words like "grade","request" and "wait" and lessons like "Sheetal", "pussy and parrot"? I got my answer today!It's important to establish the connect first and then get the perspective of a second grader and see how tough it can be to learn a 6 letter word spelling. Patience is the key. That's my learning for the day. Harika has her english exam tomorrow and I hope she does well.. which will only mean I did well..

1 comment:

On The Move said...

All the best, JyoGirl. You are awesome..