Sunday, October 7, 2007

Chasing dreams...

Yesterday I gave a send off to yet another friend... most of my friends from school, college, workplace all have gone places abroad chasing their dreams.For some it was the only thing to do, for some it was a dream to land there and for some others it was Money.To be frank even I tried to go with the flow and check it out for myself as to what the US of A has that is attracts so many people everyday year after year..But my destiny had something else in for me.. Dad was not very keen on sending me that far all alone. Now I am not keen on going anywhere else, mera bharat is indeed mahaan :)or may be I got so used to life here that am resisting any kind of change now. May be i am growing older.. naah.. bad thought.!I dont know how it is to be there, what it takes to stay in a country thats not ours, to be an outsider even after years , to own a lifestyle thats so different from what it was all the way till then..so for me its good here. I have been here all my life, its like home here. Known surroundings, family and friends.
But nothing seems to deter people from going there, they are all ready to face any kind of challenge in that new place.what must be that driving force that for people even from remote villages dont worry about leaving their family and go and adapt to a completely new environment.
I sometimes wonder how students who are just out from college can take such a big decision about going to some other country for the rest of their life.I know its no longer a big deal, but still it cant be just for that easy lifestyle and money that they leave behind their family, home and their own country. or may be its peer pressure or may be just a matter of pride.I can only imagine how overwhelming it would be to be in a new country all by your own thats so different from where you come. Suddenly you are responsible for everything, there's no one to fall back on , no one there to nag you about having food in time, waking up early, studying! Independence is the word! thats the reason why may be, people who come back for a vacation find it so difficult to gel in the environment they've grown up and been there for their whole life. The suddenly start finding things chaotic and suffocating and crib about everything that they missed initially.
My colleagues who cringe everytime they hear someone is going onsite have only one thing in mind, another opportunity missed to earn big bucks.It seems only more logical to me that people wait for that one opportunity to make big bucks that will make life much more luxurious here. It makes owning that house and car so much more easier.These people atleast have an intention to come back and come back to a better life. This for me seems to be a good thing to do than to go there and settle down and living a life thats not yours and wasting away the whole life leading a life thats not yours trying to earn big and save money. Think twice about spending every penny!!Whats a life where you earn a million but still have to vaccum your house and wash the dishes and clean the toilet!
yeah, theres one more category of peoplewho like to go abroad just for the sheer pleasure of going round the world at company's cost - mix work with pleasure. :)I fall under this category. I love going places, but at the end of the day I long to be back at home, I strat missing my family. There cant be a home away from home. If there's a home, its gotto be here!
hmm.. Destiny decides destination..

No comments: