Friday, October 9, 2009

Future Planning - Plan 1

"Cooking is an art and I can never master it" is a fact that I have accepted and till date I could not see any problems with that given fact. I can manage to gobble down anything I cook because I can appreciate the effort I put behind that dish .. however bad it tastes. And luckily for me my husband too doesn't complain much unless it's really pathetic.But now.. the future is what am worried about. When I was young (Ok.. am still young!!) ..So let me put it this way.. when I was small and school going, I never really liked what my mom cooked. I always thought my friends were lucky because their snack boxes always had yummy stuff and mine always had the boring Idly,dosa and upma type stuff which I hated. Luckily for me, I had a Bengali friend who used to love what my mom cooked and we used to exchange our snack boxes. I just used to love what her mom used to give .. potato mash sandwiches or ghee laden rotis with some yummy sabzee and a Sweet (remember Bengali!) or even better some paranthas. (and I really thought my friend was a fool to exchange all that for my idly's!!). And my mom was always wondering why I was getting plumpier by the day by just eating Idly's and upma and my friend's mom was wondering why she was not getting plumpier in spite of those paranthas and sweets! Now they know!
So coming to the future point, What if my daughter too hates my cooking? What if she is not as lucky as me to get a Bengali friend to exchange her tiffin? What if none of her friends like her tiffin?No..Things can't be that bad..yeh? So I think I have two options now.. one to master my cooking before she starts going to school ( 3 years sounds good enough time for that.. yeh?) Two... to find her a Bengali friend :D
The second option is the one.. anyday!

1 comment:

Khushi said...

Seriously man, I've never thought on that angle at all... Even I always used to like my friends dabbas and used to get bored of my idly dosas.. I wonder what my kid will do :-?